To contribute to enrich the lives of our customers, to change their ways to experience sustainable
tourism; to discover, learn and transform through innovative, high quality travel services.
To enrich the quality of life of our customers and exceed their expectations, by means of three pillars:
professionalism, sustainability and innovation; and to achieve recognition as the leader in inbound
tourism in Central America.
To realize Vapues Tours' vision, several procedures are implemented that apply to all staff members,
and where possible, to the company's providers and clients. Vapues Tours implements and promotes
sustainable tourism, informing and involving the aforementioned participants in best practices in
order to perpetuate the Nicaraguan culture, history and nature, to contribute to local economies,
and to preserve the environment.
The main management processes are: quality management, environmental management, and health and
safety management at work and for customers.
With regard to quality management, Vapues Tours commits itself to meet the legal requirements of
the quality management manual as set by the company in coordination with its customers, both
wholesalers and outbound travel agencies.
Concerning environmental management, Vapues Tours commits itself to meet the legal requirements
to implement and promote its sustainable policy, prevention of pollution and prevention of
As for health and safety management for workers and customers, Vapues Tours commits itself to
meet the legal requirements, and to prevent occupational hazards and minimize health risks, by
implementing the rules of procedure and the manual for risk management.
Vapues Tours commits itself to improve the aforementioned management processes continuously.
In support of the above, we strive to:
Promote and implement responsible actions that recognize and value cultural identity, need,
expectations and rights of the communities.
- Support local initiatives promoting cultural and social projects.
- Participate in social projects as strategically ally to promote sustainable excursions
and training to locals in rural communities.
- Work hand in hand with rural cooperatives in order to offer authentic packages and benefit
the communities with complementary incomes.
- Promote and recommend the art work of local artisans.
- Implement Good Practices during tours and in our offices
- Implement an acquisition policy that includes environmentally friendly products.
- Establish measures to reduce energy and water usage.
- Apply alternative practices to manage organic pollution wastes.
- Execute recycle projects.
- Support projects for Biodiversity Conservation.
- Raise awareness towards bad environmental practices, including captivity of wild animals.
- Support local companies that promote environmental preservation.
- Ensure trainings regarding sustainable practices to the staff.
- Ensure and promote a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Promote environmental preservation and sustainable practices among providers, customers and staff.
- Create a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where differences of
opinion are respected and all team members are treated equally.
- Implement trainings and talks to ensure that all employees know their rights.
- Provide the staff with the opportunity to present complaints or comments and manage any
conflict in a respectful, just and confidential way.
- Encourage the reporting of any harassment or discrimination.
Code of Conduct
- Maintain communication between Vapues Tours and INTUR (Nicaraguan Tourism Board) before any case
of illegal or violent behavior
- Establish within the Company a proper use of the information about commercial sexual exploitation
in children and teenagers.
Rainforest Alliance Certified